Monday, July 6, 2009

summer school lol

OK, so I am feeling pretty good, am getting around much better, even have to back myself off from over-doing it sometimes, so there is no reason to keep putting off starting up homeschool for Jiji for the year. As I did last year, I like to start in the summer because there is so much more outdoor/nature science and walking field trips that can be done in the nice weather. To be honest, I meant to start last week but did not get enough lesson planning done. I am not 'done' now, but have enough to get rolling, and I tend to only stay about a week or so ahead anyway, makes it easier to adjust schedule/subjects as we go along. Jiji will be 5 in November, so we are starting on Kindergarten curriculum, as we started Pre-School early last year. Technically she was young to start, and so people do not expect her to be in school, so we have had little negative reaction, but people do ask if she will be starting school soon, and when she tells them she does school at home w/Mama we sometimes get that look, if you homeschool, you know the one. The only really negative reaction has been a woman who's son is in public school, and is a juvenile delinquent (really, I am not just saying that) who told me Jiji won't get enough socialization, needless to say I ignored her. Socialization in public school really helped her kid! On that particular topic, what socialization are the kids really getting, other than recess, which we go the park for and always meet up w/ other kids to play with. My stepdaughter told me they have to take a book to lunch because they are not allowed to talk, how is that socialization? Anyway, I don't really want to get off on a big rant, it could last for days. So, today is the 1st day of Kindergarten, I better get back to work!

No comments:

Merry Meet, Merry Part, and Merry Meet Again...

free web page counter
Get a free hit counter here.