Monday, July 6, 2009

Body After Baby Challenge

A few of my Twitter peeps have been talking about this Body After Baby Challenge that fellow Mommy blogger Mama Notes has up on her blog. I am all for this, and jumping right on board, although my goal will be relative. I am, as I sit and post this, within 5lbs of my pre-pregnancy weight. Please, hold your applause due to the fact my pre-pregnancy weight was 276. The day I had Mojo I weighed 307. So, my goal for the challenge is to amend the deal I made right before I got pregnant. When the Hubs and I decided to have another baby, we figured we had a little time. It took us 2 years to get pregnant w/Jiji. We agreed I would take a year to get under 200lbs. or after the baby was born I would go ahead w/the bariatric surgery I was approved for. This plan fell to the wayside when it turned out we concieved Mo literally 2 weeks after that conversation (Hence the baby Mojo nickname...get it!) So, this turned into I will take a year after the baby to get under 200lbs or we will pursue the surgery. Let me just say, I don't want the surgery, it sounds like all kinds of suck to me, so my motivation is to avoid it at all costs. So, my Challenge goal is to be under 200lbs by next August. I am giving my self a few extra weeks in there, since today was the 2nd day since the baby I have been able to go walk any kind of distance without pain. I walked through the park next to my house, and made the outside loop in 20 minutes. The whole circut through the park is a mile, starting and ending at my front door. 1st goal is to make the whole mile in 20 minutes by August. I will keep yoou posted, and good luck to the other Mamas taking the challenge. BTW, follow the link above or the button to the right of my page to take the challenge yourself!
H.W.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Good luck with the challenge! I'm going to be walking out through the park by my home as well! It's a great walk with lots of hills, but it almost kills me everytime! :)

beth said...

Hi...I saw a comment you made on another ladie's blog about us big girls sticking together..I hear that! So glad to see some other fluffy women doing this! Can't wait to get started..good luck!

Merry Meet, Merry Part, and Merry Meet Again...

free web page counter
Get a free hit counter here.