Thursday, June 16, 2011

Last Night


I spent a quiet Strawberry Moon in Sagittarius last night. I spent it with my Faery Oracle cards. About 8pm last night the Hubs took over the Witchlings and I locked myself back in our bedroom, which luckily for us is oddly soundproof , and took out my deck. I cleansed it, charged it with positive energy, and then snuggled in to have a chat with my Faery Guides. 
Let me just say to start, I have a real problem with negative self-talk. It is something you would not guess if you know me. because I am a "fake it till you feel it" kind of person and tend to just power through. I have been a Reader since shortly after I began my Path, about 1998 by my calculations. I have Read Tarot in various forms, Gypsy Witch cards (which were given to me as a joke and I ended up LOVING them) and then about 4 years ago a dear friend gave me the Faery Oracle cards. Reading has always been a part of my Faith and Craft, and I have always read for friends. My "professional" Reading career has been hit or miss, because I talk myself out of it. This is, admittedly, kinda stupid. I have always had great, positive experiences at Psychic fairs, and later on Keen. I enjoy it immensely both the Reading itself, and the connection to the people I Read for. I like the work, and I like to help people find their answers.
 Then life steps in, I get too busy to do Readings, and time passes. This somehow unravels all the positive, and doubt in myself as a Reader creeps in. Believe me, I'm working on it. So last night I centered myself, got a pen, shuffled the deck, and took a moment with each card. 
I turned each card over, took a moment with it, and made a little note along the border about what it means to me. Just keywords, really, but just a little something to assure my neurotic self that I would not "blank out" on the card if it came up in a Reading, which has never happened, and I don't know why I get so worked up over it, but there it is. I don't know if this is a common thing, but I got the idea from a 3rd hand Tarot deck a friend gave me long ago that a Reader had given her to learn Tarot with. (You might notice I get a lot of decks as gifts, I'm a lucky girl!)
Anyway, I happily played, talked, and reconnected with the deck, and when the Hubs came back to go to bed, I thought maybe 15-30 minutes had passed. It was after 10pm. I had a some cards left, but I will finish up with them later today. I thanked my Guides for a wonderful time, tucked the 'finished' ones in their pouch, and the ones yet to be done into the book for later.  I grounded myself, and snuggled in with the Hubs to sleep.
All in all, it was a great night. Once again, there does not need to be High Ritual to make Magick. It's about your connection to the Magick all around you. 
Brightest Blessings!
H.W.

No comments:

Merry Meet, Merry Part, and Merry Meet Again...

free web page counter
Get a free hit counter here.