Friday, January 15, 2010

Not my God...thankfully

Pat Robertson has previously linked natural disasters and terrorist attacks to legalized abortion in the United States.
Why is this guy still considered a "Spiritual Leader"? One of the reasons I left the Christian church is I never understood the practice of scaring people into faith. When I found my faith, it was like coming home. My heart and soul seemed to relax, and I felt a sense of finally finding my place, not because I was scared that if I did not do what I was told God would punish me. I am not a 'fluffy bunny' Pagan, my patron Goddess is The Morrigan, not really one to hug it out. Faith, and God, are not all roses and sunshine, I know that. That being said, I am astounded and enraged that a man who claimed to be a spiritual leader, a man of faith, can see dead and dying people and children filling the streets of a devastated country and say they had it coming because they pissed off God. Did the 5 year old I saw on the news this morning getting his leg sewn up with no anesthesia while his mother held him down make a 'pact with the devil'? Did the mother who dug her live children out of the rubble pray harder or better that the woman next door burying her baby? I guess, since we all know nothing bad ever happens to good Christians. To all the Christians out there who have some sense and are praying for Haiti instead of condemning those victims of this disaster, I am smart enough to not judge you by the actions of this man. To me he is not a Christian leader, just a man using his faith and self-righteousness as a club to beat his enemies with. 
H.W.

7 comments:

Changing Girl said...

Oh my Goodness! I get most of my news from overhearing people talk at work or at home - occasionally when I have the rare down time at lunch I will peak at the news section of google to see what's up -- I digress -- This is crazy! It's along the same idea as when someone told me that the pope/Vatican said the Avatar movie was blasphemy because it talks of saving the earth, or nature-worshiping -- heaven forbid we save the planet we are on - digression again -- I too am thankful he speaks not upon my God or my Faith.

Tori said...

See, I'm technically a Christian, but I don't understand how any GOOD practitioner of the faith can claim any of that in the name of God. I thought the "vengeful" God went out with the Old Testament. And what about forgiveness??? HELLO? Pat Robertson is one of the main reasons other faiths tend to hate Christianity.

Mother Moon said...

the only solace in all of his ignorance is the in the end we all are responsible for ourselves..... I would not want to be the stumbling block he has choosen to be.

Anonymous said...

I'm the kind of hombre who passions to try radical stuff. Right now I am manufacturing my personalized pv panels. I am managing it all alone without the assistance of my staff. I'm utilizing the internet as the only way to acheive that. I came across a very brilliant site which explains how to make pv panels and wind generators. The web site explains all the steps required to solar panel construction.

I'm not really sure bout how precise the information given there iz. If some guys over here who had xp with these works can have a see and give your feedback in the thread it would be great and I would highly value it, cauze I really enjoy [URL=http://solar-panel-construction.com]solar panel construction[/URL].

Tnx for reading this. U people rock.

Erzullie said...

it's so weird how a person of such stature can say something like that... they are dying and suffering out there! :-s it's really weird.

Rue said...

He is a nutter. Crazy, ignorant man! His Karma will bite him in the ass - even though he doesn't believe in it...

Bridgett said...

Well said and I COULD NOT agree with you more.

The man is an idiot, plain and simple.

If he was going for news coverage, he got it though. Yuck.

Merry Meet, Merry Part, and Merry Meet Again...

free web page counter
Get a free hit counter here.