Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I forgot!

I forgot about Wordless Wednesday until I was posting the picture below. While not 'wordless' it does nicely sum up where I am in my heart and mind right now. All my life I have hated the phrase 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger'. Hated it with a passion, more and more as time went on and I collected more and more episodes in my life which fell under the 'not killing me' status. I always used to answer that if I was not strong enough by now, it could just go ahead and kill me. I now know why I have had to be made so strong. Some of it I have shared with you on this blog, and some I have kept private, but I now know that I had to be pretty damn strong to be standing where I am today. When I saw that caption on I Can Has Cheezeburger I laughed, hard, and immediately copy/pasted it as part of my LULZ for the week since I am pre occupied this week and not blogging like a good blogger should. Then I kind of thought about it. That is my new motto. I have made a very definate switch in my outlook over the past several months. I have always been, to my self and my friends, the strong one who could handle any situation. I might need a minute to cry and freak out a little first, but I rally quickly and move into action. I am the one who handles it, who cleans up messes and gives great advice. I am still that person, but I feel now that all of that strength is moving into a place of pro-action, rather than re-action. I am acting, not reacting. I am doing, not dreaming. I am fixing what needs work, and throwing out what doesn't, not complaining about the state of my life. I am not waiting for a crisis to bring out the best in me, I am putting my best out there every day. I am not so foolish to believe I have reached my quota and nothing bad will ever happen to me again, nor am I so stupid to think I have my shit together. What I do know, for sure, is that no matter what happens, I have everything I need to handle it, dust myself off, and keep right on moving forward. Although I had that all along, I guess I forgot and had to be knocked on my ass to remember. The lesson was worth the sore ass!
H.W.

3 comments:

Iris said...

Yes! I completely agree with that caption (below)! I have been feeling the same way myself, "Go ahead and kill me already!" But lately I have become sick of waiting for more bad stuff to happen to me. Screw that bad stuff! I am going to make something good happen for once! Take THAT bad stuff!

Sorry, got a little passionate there... this is my first venture over to your blog. I saw your button up on Mother Moon's site and thought it sounded like a good place to visit. I am glad I did. I like your magickal tip on the side bar, it is quite nice. I am a newbie to all that is Pagan (as of Mabon) and I love finding blogs that are informational as well as entertaining and thought provoking. Thanks for that!

Unknown said...

Merry Meet and welcome! You get passionate, Mama! It's about getting fired up in your life. Glad to have you here and safe travel on your Path!

Bridgett said...

Well said, HW!!!

Merry Meet, Merry Part, and Merry Meet Again...

free web page counter
Get a free hit counter here.