Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year

Every year since as far back as I can remember, I have put a lot of stock in New Year. I was always looking forward to it because I was putting all of the bad stuff from the past year behind me and getting a clean slate. This was going to be the year I would get my shit together/lose weight/make more money...you all know the drill, fill in your resolution here and I am pretty sure I made it at some point. There was always a big deal, and a big toast at midnight about new beginnings and blah, blah, blah. It didn't happen this year. First and foremost, it didn't happen because I have been so focused in the last few months on actually getting all my shit together, New Years Eve kind of snuck up on me! I literally realized yesterday morning that it was New Years Eve and I had no plans at all...I didn't even have anything to cook for dinner if we stayed in! I spent the day cleaning and organizing my house, getting ready for my grand opening Tuesday and just generally getting things together. Tearing things up and putting them back together, shaking things up, getting rid of the trash, the things I don't need, want, or are just not working anymore. I have done the same in my life over the past few months. I have torn myself, my life and my marriage into tiny pieces, and have been putting them all back together by seeing where the pieces fit now, not just trying to jam them back where I think they should go. I have learned the lesson that sometimes things need to be cut away for something beautiful to grow. I have learned to accept gifts from the Universe even if they are painful to receive. I have learned that sometimes things need to be smashed to bits before you realize it might have needed fixed. Being the tree-hugging Hippie Witch that I am, I always resisted the fact I was chosen, all those years ago, to have the Morrigan as my patron Goddess. I was not a warrior-Goddess type of girl, or so I thought. These past few months I have learned her lesson, and have realized and embraced the warrior within me. I have fought like hell, and will keep fighting, because I decided I have a lot worth fighting for. No need to have a big party and make a big toast with my friends at midnight about how this year will be the year because I have already been working my big old butt off to make it happen! No need to wish that this year lay an easier road before me, because I don't need an easy road, just the strength to get better and better at navigating it. I would not wish the unfortunate events of the past year on anyone, but I would not change them in my own life, because they gave me the tools to build all the positive things that are happening for me right now. I have a great family, friends, my husband and I are coming through the storm that rocked our marriage hand in hand, I have a beautiful home and will open my own business in just days. What do I have to wish for? What resolutions do I have to make? I rang in the new year with a quiet evening at home with my husband and kids, and once the girls were in bed, the Hubs and I shared a glass of champagne and blessed the work we have put in already to make out dreams happen, instead of longing for them to come true. Happy New Year to you all, I look forward to sharing all the blessings I am building in my life with you, and wish you brightest blessings on your own life!
H.W.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! May this year be a great one for you and your family.

Rue said...

What a great way to look at the new year - already a work in progress! I know the work you have already done will bless you and your family in the year to come!

Bridgett said...

You're an inspiration.

Happy 2010.
Good luck with the new business.

)O(
boo

Merry Meet, Merry Part, and Merry Meet Again...

free web page counter
Get a free hit counter here.