Monday, October 8, 2012

The Rev.

This was one of the top 5 days of my life!
Everything that has been going on in my crazy life stopped for a day and I proudly married my best friend to the most amazing woman.
It was beautiful, powerful, and I have had few experiences that match knowing that you helped two people join their lives together in love and joy.

That being said, it was incredibly helpful to my mental state to spend two amazing days with wonderful friends I have known since childhood and become my family. We spent a few golden hours, the evening before the wedding, transported to our early twenties. Let's just say a seedy strip club, several lap dances, and a startling amount of booze ensued. Proudly, I got a new nick name out of it. I am now addressed as The Rev.

Even more friends I have not seen for years at the reception, followed by a beautiful last dance, and many tearful goodbyes in the parking lot after we were nudged out the door by the patient staff.

Now we are on our way back home, back to reality and figuring how we are going to put our lives back into some order. I go home, however, with my heart much more full of love and my mind reminded that there are a lot of people out there who love me right back. That seems like a good foundation to build on.

No comments:

Merry Meet, Merry Part, and Merry Meet Again...

free web page counter
Get a free hit counter here.