Sunday, October 28, 2012

Hunter's Moon for a scared rabbit

Tonight is the Full Hunter's Moon.
According to the Farmer's Almanac, it is a time when the fields have been cleared and hunters could see their  quarry clearly. A great chance to store up for the coming winter.
According to me, in my own words, it is a time to get in touch with your inner Virgin Huntress and remember that "virgin" means not sexually untouched, but not belonging to a man.

Right now my Huntress is wounded, afraid, and hiding in a hole while my man has become my shield against the world. This is a good thing, because I have a man who will willingly and lovingly shield me from a world that I do not have the strength or skills to face alone right now.

But at this moment, the moon is shining Her perfect light down on me, and so I will go outside and sit with her. I will hope that the next Hunter's Moon that rolls around I will feel like the Huntress and not the Quarry.

No comments:

Merry Meet, Merry Part, and Merry Meet Again...

free web page counter
Get a free hit counter here.