Friday, March 13, 2009

Can't wait for spring!

I have seedlings started and am chomping at the bit for that last frost date to get them into the ground and into containers! I have them in little greenhouse boxes, but a few, tomatos, broccoli, and kohlrabi, are so tall already I had to move them into a round "bedpan" and cover then with cling wrap. I have my seeds all organized by start time to go into the peat plugs in the boxes and everyday I have to stop myself from putting them in too early! I have twice as much going in this year and still will not be using a quarter of our property! In 5 years I am hoping that the only grass in the yard will be walkways between areas of the garden! We are doing a lot of containers this year because I am expecting and due in June, so weeding is not going to be at the top of my list. I am supposed to go later today and pick up 5 and 10 gallon buckets from a friends bakery to plant single plants like tomatos and peppers in. I just need it to be time to send my little baby plants outside so I can stop obsessing about plans and layouts, soil mixes and compost! A nesting mother with one more thing to plan, yay!

No comments:

Merry Meet, Merry Part, and Merry Meet Again...

free web page counter
Get a free hit counter here.